Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Set not.

During lunch today I was on one of those social media sites, which, does anyone else just get really bored with those most of the time? Anyway. I was browsing the webs and came across something that, after I had perused it for about 5 minutes I was like, "What am I doing? Why am I looking at this? This is garbage..." and I promptly exited out of it.

No. It wasn't THAT kind of garbage.

But it wasn't good.
Well, it isn't what the Bible calls "good." The world is fine with it.

But I don't want to be fine with it.

Which is why I hated that I could stomach it for five minutes, you know? I have much too high of a tolerance for it.

Gag.

As I went about the rest of my work all I could think about was Psalm 101:3 that says "I will set no vile thing before my eyes."

What a resolution.
And it's super tricky to do that in this day and age. Because what seems totally normal and celebrated today in most parts of the world and my culture alike, really, if we are honest, probably just straight up goes against the Word of God.


But...but....I don't want to go against the Word of God.
I don't want a heart that desires those things. I don't want to be able to stomach it.

Anyway. That's my thought for the day and my challenge to all of you: Let's stop putting vile things before our eyes, shall we?

Love you all. Happy Wednesday.

~~~~
Here are two little bits of what else I did today:




No comments:

Post a Comment