Tuesday, January 7, 2014

What is His.

I am back in Colorado.

It’s wedding week (not mine, of course).

No, it’s the wedding week of a wedding I have been coordinating for a few months.

So everything is a blur of crinoline and pew bows and multiple-times-a-day-coffee.

 

So pretty much it’s a blur of beautiful things.

 

Yet, these things can be stressful to a lot of people, which is easily understandable.

 

In trying to not allow myself to get all mentally frazzled because of the impending deadline (A.k.a Wedding Day), last night I was praying and reading and was comforted by this, the means of getting rid of stress:

“Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and render unto God what it God’s.” (Matthew 22:20-22)

 

Sigh.

What a blessing.

What a command of peace.

 

Caesar? Yeah, I can pay my taxes and I can pay freeway tolls and I can vote. No problem. I don’t need to stress about that.

But everything else?

Everything else is God’s.

 

And I can give that to him. Because he wants it. He doesn’t want me to carry that burden of making everything “work,”  coupled with the fear that if everything doesn’t go JUST SO then somehow the world will stop and he will no longer be good and all hope will be lost.

Which means I don’t need to worry about it.

I can do what I can do. But the results are up to Him. Those are not my business.

 Therefore, why would I spend my energy worrying about something that isn’t mine to begin with?

 

Are we doing that, Wolfies? Are we taking things on ourselves that don’t belong on our shoulders? Are you accepting stress that was never intended for you? Are you taking the control back (or being deceived into thinking you could actually have any real control in the first place?)?

 

Let us render unto God what is God’s. And remember, everything is God’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment