Saturday, January 17, 2015

It's been a while.

I have been busy. Let's just say that.
I suppose it goes without saying, what with me not having said anything to you in 4+ months.
And life just has not been the same without you, I promise. Because I love you all, so so very much.

But look at all that happened that kept me away!! And all I had to see and do and experience and soak up and not let pass me by!!!


The Shire.

A friend's bridal shower at a house that had the same wallpaper the White House has!
Family weddings.

Fall happened.
Remember that cooking thing I did last year? Yeah, I did it again. And made the best roast beef I have ever concocted.
Masquerade parties happened.

Engagement pictures happened.

Ugly Sweater Christmas Parties happened.
And then I had the brilliant idea to HAND-WRITE all of our invitations. All 240 of them. By hand. With MY hand.



And....wait....what was that last one?


Oh that's right.


I GOT MARRIED!!!!
Huzzah and hurrah and hurray all in one!

You have seen a lot of these ladies in the past----no doubt!!

Table at the reception. And there were like 47 tables. And they were all different. Comprised of things I thrifted, antiqued, or scavenged from the woods.
Dancin' the night away!


So really, that's what had me preoccupied.
All the prep and bridal showers and traveling to and fro to get everything done. And then couple that with the self-diagnosed, stress-induced ulcer I convinced myself I gave myself and...well...you know. No blog posts.
I thought since I had been a wedding planner it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to do. But alas, one's own wedding is an entirely different breed of cat than someone else's wedding.


And then since I got married (and since we didn't live by each other before we got married) I had to move cities and cities away.
And then 4 weeks after we got married we moved states away. But don't worry. We will be here for just 4 months.
Until we head back to "The Motherland."



*Sigh.


Oh! and did I mention that the two consecutive weekends after I got married I was in two of my best friends weddings who were also getting married?!
In Phoenix.
And then another in Cabo San Lucas.

Oh! And then we got back and 2 days later was Christmas!

And then we packed up both of our houses and moved into what is now our "first home." A charming little place; you all should come visit.

So now that we are here I have started to have time to breathe again.

I will post all kinds of funsy, cutesy pictures of all those "explores" (as Winnie the Pooh would say), and all these current settlings later.

:)


And now we are setting up our house and taking cookies to our new neighbors and praying about which church to go to and I still haven't taken all my nail polish off yet.


Oh Married Life!

It's you and me to the end, Hubbs. And look at that: we even are already starting to look like each other.
Beards.




Love you, Wolfies. I am back. I promise this time.







No comments:

Post a Comment