Friday, July 6, 2012

PacNorWeSum.

The remainder of my summer will find me in the Pacific Northwest. All over and around.
On my first day here the neighbors called the people I was staying with and said they had just seen a mama bear and her two cubs traipsing through the garbage.

While I, naturally, stared out the window for the rest of the day waiting for them to come walking down the driveway, it was to no avail and I fear they are to be forever lost to me on someone else’s garbage.
I don’t know why I didn’t just sprinkle ours over the front yard. That would have drawn them in and they wouldn’t have had to even go to the work of tearing all those bags.

Well, that’s too bad I didn’t have that idea the other day.

Why is it that wild animals are always so elusive around me? First it was the elk in Colorado (Read about that Here).  And now the bears who don’t want to see me in WA.

Is it that they fear my killer instinct, do you think? My own “wolf-ness”?

Ha.
Hahahaha. Bah! Hababah!

Yeah, I am kidding, of course.

But that would be amazing.

Anyway.

So I am hoping to see something wild this summer, just so long as I am securely in a car, or a house, or somewhere they don’t surprise me and try to take me captive, because let’s be honest, they are the ones who are harder to tame than someone such as myself. We have talked of this before.

So here is to God, and what I hope will be a wild summer with him.

Don't these mountains look like something from an old western painting? Of course there wouldn't be any houses in the old western painting.
I hepled out with a church cotton-candy stand on the 4th! Do you know that it literally is JUST sugar?
MASSIVE slugs come out at night.
Sparklers: They turn any 13 year old boy into a pyromaniac.

No comments:

Post a Comment