Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Jubilee.

If anybody has known me for a period of time, they will most assuredly know I believe very strongly that adult women need to play dress-up more often. Life is serious. Serious things happen, hurtful things happen, damaging things happen; we need to be reminded that there is still good in the world. That there is still beauty to behold. That, in spite of our trials, hope will prevail.
With that, dress-up photo shoots are something that I practice with my girlfriends pretty often.
In honor of the Queen’s Jubilee, yesterday my sister-in-law (who was in town for the weekend) and I decided to celebrate: We set up a dining room table in a field and put feathers in our hair.

Happy Jubilee, your Highness. 60 years of doing anything is quite the feat.

Not quite one of those "fascinators" for the hair, but we do what we can with the articles in my closet.
I don't really like cats anyway, so a cat in my photoshoot will not be tolerated. You can see the cat's struggle here.
Whenever you wear this dress to a wedding you inevitably get asked to dance during the song "Lady in Red."
Definitely her paparazzi photo of the day.
My brother decided to join our little photoshoot!
Just in time for their anniversary.
Congratulations, QE2.

No comments:

Post a Comment