Saturday, November 24, 2012

Recommend.


 I have never recommended other blogs on this one, but if you are ever looking for another one to read (and this is definitely more for my women readers), check out Resolved2Worship.
Read Resolved2Worship here.
Why am I telling you this? Because I decided this morning that I just want all of you to be more in love with Christ, and if this Alyssa can reach some of you where you are better than I can, I think it’s fabulous. There are things she has written that have put words to my thoughts and helped me understand things about the Lord better. She doesn’t know me from Eve, and I don’t know her from outside of her blog, but to her I am eternally grateful. And isn’t that what the body of Christ is for? To build others up? To bless others? And most of the time to never know that we had any influence on another (to keep us humble…)? Therefore, here is my recommendation.

Another reason I am telling you this is because the other day, as a friend of mine and I were letting the T-gives bird side effects wear off, I was re-reading through some of her old posts and came across a line that struck my fancy. She was talking about how one particular Christmas she was praying that she could see the season through the eyes her children do and she said she didn’t want to stress out, she just wanted to delight.
It got me thinking, “Isn’t that really how we should live or what?!!?”

Never in my life had I stressed. Never growing up, never in high school, never in college. I NEVER even owned a day planner, a calendar, I never wrote down one single assignment in a schedule yet I never turned in anything late. Never. No stress, never.
But then I got out of college; let the stress begin. Why don’t adults tell you about this when you are a kid? I blame them for all kinds of people who have dashed hopes about being a “grown-up.” If I had known what stress was I never would have graduated high school.

Just kidding.

But seriously.

Anywho, I will never forget the day I told my mom on the phone, as I was driving home from my first “big girl” job, “While I can’t be sure that what I am feeling is stress, I have never felt this before and therefore I think that’s what this is. This very mild, yet very sever anxiety attack every time I have to make a business phone call is what I am now surmising stress feels like.” And ever since then I have found myself, from time to time, feeling again the same said anxiety. Stress, if you will. So to read that little line, “Don’t stress, just delight” (or something like that) was a brilliant little reminder for me in this time of my life….and probably for you, in whatever stage of your life you are in. If this was a little math problem it would look something like this:

Life comes from the Lord
+
He has given us everything we need for life and Godliness (II Peter 1:3)
=
                                    Don't Stress. Just Delight.                                     

 

Yay Jesus. Once again.
~~~~

A few snapshots from my holiday week!
Who doesn't love swinging bridges in the woods?!!? Clearly I do.
Who doesn't love watching big brothers climb trees?!!? Clearly I do.
Who doesn't love shooting clay pigeons?!!? Clearly I do.
(Also note that I am listening to instructions....with ear plugs in.)
Who doesn't love chasing sunsets?!!? Clearly I do.
No joke, Wolfies. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment