Thursday, June 6, 2013

Nothing.

It’s the classic story. Christians and pagans alike know it.
Jesus feeds 5,000+ people out of…..nothing.
{Mark 6:30-44}

I don’t want it to be trite in my heart.
There is one thought about this story, though, that I have never had before:
Jesus was thankful for nothing.

No. Not like a “Thanks for nothing, you jerk” kind of thanks-for-nothing, but a, “God, right now you have decided to give us relatively nothing; thank you for that.”

“Taking the five loaves and two fish {NOTHING in comparison to the crowd} and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves….” (verse 41a).

Seriously.

So that’s my thought for the day. Do you ever feel as if God has given you nothing to work with? Do you feel like there is “nothing” happening, “nothing” is working?
Then thank him for it.
I don’t know how this whole thankfulness thing works, but Jesus thanked God for the nothing.
Which means I probably should, too.
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment