Friday, December 9, 2011

The Magic of Ordinary Days....is the name of a movie I never saw.

With my job that I currently have (I am an event coordinator) my “weekends” are in the middle of the week (why is it that weddings usually happen on Fridays and Saturdays?!?). Being that I am the type of person who likes to see people, is always looking for an adventure or a way to make one, and has the life motto: “Have car, will travel,” it is a rare occurrence that on my “weekends” I just stay around and don’t do anything.
This week was no different than most.
As a matter of fact, in the last 14 months, during 10 of those months I never slept more than 5 consecutive nights in the same bed. I bounced from my apartment to my parent’s house to my brother’s in Chicago to different best friends, to a different brothers, etc. But that’s another story I am sure I will write about sometime in the future.
Anywho.

This week I went home to my parent’s house, where my brother and his wife were as well.
I will say that I have been blessed to have the family that I do. That is due to nothing other than God’s grace and sovereignty and I hereby thank him for that.
When you have a wonderful family, there is nothing quite like being with them. I have said on numerous times that those people who have no appreciation for houses are so because they have never known what home is. I know what home is like, so I then promptly invite whoever I am referencing to dinner. Because they need to know what home is like.
One of my best things is family dinner.
Or dinner with anyone, if I am being honest. I have learned more about the character of God over plates of dinner than I have from anything else, apart from the Bible. Jesus with skin on comes to me most of the time in the people who are serving me bowls of gravy, platters of cheese, or fresh rhubarb torte.

Dinner with family happened three times on my “weekend.”
This is what it looks like.
And I don’t know about you, but my family loves to communicate very vocally, if you will. A lot of people criticize families who are vocal, but I always try to explain in all SINCERITY, “Just because I am saying it loudly, DOES NOT mean I am angry at you. I just want to get my point across.”
Ha.
I just so happened to snap this moment while it was vocally happening.
You can see my sister-in-law is amused.  I am pretty sure this tete-a-tete humorously occurred because of a deal my brother made with my dad when he was like 10 to try out for the majors. Baseball, that is.
Bravo.
J
I don’t know why, but I doubt that will happen this summer.

My sister-in-law and I decorated for Christmas. I was stopped while putting this angel/nativity out.

Silent Night was playing in the background when all of the sudden I was crying.
“Jesus Came,” I heard.
It got me thinking “What would I be if He hadn’t?”
Call me selfish, but I don’t want to go there.
I can’t imagine not having a Savior.
I hope you know what I am talking about.
If not, please talk to me. You need one. You won’t make it out of this world alive without one.

I was able to meet up with one of my very best friends, too!! Yay for coffee shops between our cities!
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
“Sarah. 100%”
When Sarah got married a few years ago I was blessed to be in her wedding and will never forget when I called my mom bawling. “MOM!!! Never ever let me get married unless I have a love like theirs!!!”
I am holding myself to it.
Fortunately, Sarah is holding me to it, too.

AND LOOK WHO CAME TO DINNER?!!?
Unbelievable.

Later in the day I saw even more beaut scenes.
I wonder what kind of wildness lives down that driveway…
I want to live down that driveway.
And be awesome and wild.

This is what my parent’s road looks like.

Welcome, winter. My fur coat has long been awaiting your arrival.

THEN look what we saw.
I love those birds of prey.

While I hate leaving their house early in the morning, at least I get scenes like this to console my spirit.

And then for even more consoling, this came in the mail while I was away.
Go look up the Peruvian Connection.
Will miracles never cease?!?!

No. No they won’t.
Thank you, Jesus, that there is beauty in ordinary days.

No comments:

Post a Comment