Friday, February 24, 2012

Morning Grace.

Hello, Wolfies.
We got like 6 inches of snow last night. And this snow was BEAUTIFUL. It was the whitest, fluffiest, most powdery stuff I think I have ever seen.




But it came in the overnight hours, which means that I had to blow out the driveway in the daylight hours. Which I usually do other things in.
Things there was now no time for.
It reminded me of something I wrote last March...
Happy Friday!


March 18th 2011
On grace in getting ready in the morning

In having apparently forgotten to spring my travel alarm clock ahead one hour with last weekend’s Day Light Savings issuance, I was surprised to see that the walk from my bedroom to my kitchen took me an hour this morning. Or rather my bedroom time hadn’t gotten the memo. You can imagine my “Oh no….it’s 8:30,” comment that came out of my mouth over my morning glass of water.
Rush into the shower.
Rush out of the shower.
“I have to pack a suitcase!”
No time to think through outfits, just throw in clothes that I know I fit into and always seem to throw into a suitcase. “I can make that work,” I say to myself with the toss of a denim mini-skirt and leggings.
No time to make scrambled eggs and the usual ricotta pancakes…it’s cereal time. This is usually fine, but I had cereal for dinner last night, too.
Yeah, I know. But I was busy.
But the real kicker is that my overlooking of the clock cut my time with Jesus to a mere fraction.
I hate when that happens.
Especially now.
I have been involved in a Beth Moore Bible study on Daniel lately and I love Beth Moore just like the next Jesus-loving-girl in line, but my problem with any Bible study (not just Beth Moore’s, of course) is that it takes MY time away from Jesus every morning. I prefer my relationship with God not to have a blond in it.
Anyway. So since I have been “studying” it lately, I was more disappointed to not get the slated hour I had been looking forward to. Rather, just a mere 20 minutes.
Not nearly enough time to keep a good relationship going.

“Oh God, I didn’t mean for this morning to go like this. Please don’t smote me.”
J
Maybe I didn’t pray the please don’t smote me part.

But God is good. I am always so taken aback by how gracious he is to the fact that I can’t get myself over:
                                                                                I am a human.

(Praise you, Jesus, for not blaming me for that fact.)

Needless to say, He took the time I could give him. Even if it was just 20 minutes. And he met me in His very unassuming way.
Maybe that’s why I love Him so much. I mean, I could go on and on why I love Him so much, but the part where he doesn’t roll his eyes at me like I roll my eyes at me, that’s probably gotta make the list.
I don’t know when I realized for the first time that he didn’t blame me for being human. For having such narrow spiritual vision. For never being able to remember the life lesson I never thought I would be able to forget. For fearing what only He knows.
Yeah. Those are all on the list. I could go on and on, and typically do.
Today, though, I am just thankful for morning grace, knowing that I don’t deserve it, never could have earned it, and without him never would have wanted it.
I will end this with the verse He met me in this morning.
Acts 4:12-13… “salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and took note that these men had been with Jesus.
Isn’t that great? There is no other name given. No other option for salvation. No other name to draw out of the hat. Any “other” means of “salvation” are simply attempted entries to Heaven via your own power to please a Power you don’t know.

How sweet the one name:
Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment