Sunday, October 14, 2012

That's red dirt.

Hello there, Wolfies, from the American Southwest! I have never been here before and it is...bewitching.
All of this red dirt and no grass and cliffs and cacti and....threat of scorpions, well, it makes a girl say, "I don't think I am in Kansas anymore" (even though I don't live in Kansas).
Wow. What a beaut.
Or is it butte?

Anyway. It will come as no surprise to you that I don't have my computer with me (because I don't really like going through airport security carrying a computer) so therefore you are getting, yet again, another post with no pictures.

I had an incident on the airplane on my way here that has been weighing heavy on my heart. I will get into that later when I get home, but I just want you all to know that satisfaction will not be found in sin. I know, isn't that one of the key Christian beliefs?
But I think it gets so tainted because our non-Christian, pagan culture we live in really does taint US. I am not one of those never-have-any-contact-with-the-outside-world Christians. I believe that is a false doctrine, but I am becoming more and more of a BUT-NOT-OF-IT Christian when it comes to the world. The race of the believer is strenuous enough that we don't need to continue loving our sin which "so easily entangles."
Throw if off, kids. Throw it off. It's not worth it.
Praying for you all as you read this.
As Paul says in Philippians 3, I want us to consider everything as a loss in comparison to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ. And this verse gets overlooked sometimes, but seriously, "Let God be true, and every man a liar" (Romans 3:4).
Walk in that grace today. God is true. And he is greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment