Thursday, March 29, 2012

Arkansas. It's already hot here.

Hi wolfies!
I think we are far enough along in our relationship together that I can tell you a few things.
1. I ate two and a half cups of ice-cream last night.
My friend and I went to Sonic and I ordered a Strawberry Shake. A small strawberry shake. Now, a small shake is two and a half cups. I don't even want to think how big a large is.
And for those readers who have been reading for awhile you will know that I don't even like desserts! On my List Of Vices ice-cream is not one of them!
What in the world was I thinking?
But can I tell you an even worse truth? Not only did I eat the WHOLE thing, but I scraped the sides of the cup when I was done. I mean, WHY? Clearly two and a half cups had been sufficient. But somewhere in my mind I could hear "but I paid for that!" I did not care that it was ten at night. Cup scraping somehow seemed necessary. I spent money on it.
Vacation ruins all of my self control.
And speaking of no self control on vacation. Here is my second thing:
2. I woke up this morning and had a headache.

I don't get headaches.

This came totally out of left field.

I almost gasped when realization hit.
It had been like eighteen hours since I had had a cup of coffee.

Oh no.

Oh NO!!! This was a caffeine headache! Or a lack of caffeine headache!!

Oh no. This can't be happening.

This means I have crossed over.
My body runs on caffeine.
I think I am addicted.
BUT I DON'T WANT TO BE ADDICTED!

I was relaying all of these thoughts and headaches to my friend this morning and said "I think I am addicted to caffeine. And I think I need to get rid of this addiction."
She was not completely supportive.
"Why would you ever want to do that?!??!?" she said in a spare-to-the-world voice.
See, my friend is way more into the throes of caffeine than I am.
And people in throes usually like buddies.

While I like being her buddy, maybe we can just keep our relationship afloat through all of our other bonds.
Like that we are both females.
And Christians.
And world travelers.
And brilliant.

I am still processing all of this.

Time will tell how this works without our bonds of caffeine.
:)
I am sure we will do just fine.

Oh. And one last thing. It is already hot here.
Like, I have had skirts on. And tank tops.
Which is great. For me.
But let's just put it this way: I have really fair skin.
Glaringly fair.

Yikes.
Not all things that are good for me are good for everybody else.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment