Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Home again, home again.

Hi Wolfies!
I am back from another trip!
I love to travel. Can any of you tell?
I was talking to a cousin on the phone this morning and I said to her, "Yeah...um...visiting people. It's what I do."
Oh Goodness.
This summer is going to be jammed with a lot of that "visiting." I don't know if I will have time to breathe or not.
Here are some snapshots of this past week.

Talk about updating the status of your mocha. This coffee shop menu is on flat-screen TVs. That seems a little excessive.

This was quite the goodbye. I have never before been tied up because they didn't want us to leave.
I love fur.
I won't tell you how many fur coats I own.
Here I am, yet again, scraping a plate clean. However, this time it had carried coconut cream pie. HOMEMADE coconut cream pie.
It made that strawberry shake I talked about taste like....well....it made it taste not good, let's just say that.
I'm not kidding.
And this trip was not to England.
All I want to know is how do I get a job here being a maid?
Ah yes, there we are, the travellers.

You know, I was thinking when I was there. It would be easy for me, especially in these times of hopping from one place to the next with seemingly no breaks in between, to just kind of "check things off the list." I could say:
Go to Colorado-check.
Move things to my new house-check.
Go to Arkansas-check.
Move totally into new house-check.
Go to Minneapolis-check.
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera- check.

But I don't want to do that. And I don't want my life to be a list of things that I just check off, always looking for what comes next. I want to just say, "Today I am in Arkansas," or "Right now I am packing suitcases," or "At this moment I am eating breakfast." I want to be very aware of WHERE I AM, and WHAT I AM DOING, not wishing it away, or always looking to the next season of life.
What with all of my coming and going it is easy for me to think that my life is always shifting, that nothing seems constant; these are the "unknown days," I could think. But as I was pondering that I realized that these are not the unknown days.
These are the "Pre-Written Days."

Pslam 139: 16 All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Isn't there some comfort in that?! These days are not my "unstable" days. These are days where I just keep walking in paths already laid.
When I am older and all of my running about days are done, the stories I will tell THEN, God already knows NOW. He knows what's coming. He was their Author.
And so today, as I am sitting here on this bed, I want to be aware of the present grace that God is giving. Grace isn't just for Sunday mornings or nights that are trying and sad. Grace is for Tuesday afternoons. God is always giving grace.
And this summer especially I want to be aware of that present grace on these pre-written days.

No comments:

Post a Comment